Practice... Practice...

September 03, 2021

For a few days, I had to rebuilt my world. My computer, an old friend who has helped me for years, stopped. And nothing on Earth would bring him back to life.
But my belief in the Universe is too strong, and I found a way, one last resource. And just like that, I had my buddy back and ready to fight another day.

Desperate as I am to have a career, a house with an ocean view, and money to be free (although I live in Brazil, so that’s no much I can complain about now), I started working with the only thing I’m really good at: English.

Most of the work is on Instagram. There I publish videos in English with Portuguese subtitles, original texts in English with the translation in Portuguese - I need to prove that I can do the job in both languages.

So maybe, maybe, by doing a great job there I can find clients who would pay me not only to translate what they need, but to write original texts that can be used to grow their business - come on, Ícaro de Carvalho is my teacher, I can guarantee that I know what I’m doing.

That’s why I’m writing on this blog again: to practice my grammar (and to bring a little from Brazil for you). But worry not. The subject of this blog will not change.


Anne Rios
a Brazilian girl writing about Brazilian things

0 comments

be messy <3