First There Was An Idea

April 28, 2021

Isn’t it funny (and even ironic) how this blog is called DiCera Daily News, but rarely I post more than a post by week?

First I started this blog with the intention of having a place to practice my everyday writing, as my marketing teacher, Icaro de Carvalho, is always suggesting. So, as a blog with daily posts, having the word “daily” in the name seemed appropriate. Add to that the fact that, when I was a teenager, one of my favourite shows was Gilmore Girls, where one of the lead characters studied at Yale University and worked at a newspaper called Yale Daily News.

Today I can’t stand watching one episode - I mean, could Rory Gilmore BE more annoying, spoiled, immature and incapable of living an adult life? (not pride to say that I am not that different, but that’s a conversation for another post).
That being said, bringing to my work a name that sounds good when spoken out loud, and that brings me back good memories of a time in my life when I don’t have many moments to treasure, seems appropriate.

I didn’t know exactly how this blog would work, but I knew I wanted to talk about life in Brazil, and show the country, to the world, from a good perspective since Brazilians themselves don’t seem much interested to do so when they’re in foreign lands.

What I also knew was that it had to be personal. It’s not interesting to visit a blog with “technical information”, the readers must feel an emotional connection to keep coming back. The weather is hot and dry? Who cares! Anyone can see this in the weather app.

How does the hot and dry weather affect me, and how do I deal with it? That’s the real “online gold”.


Anne Rios
a Brazilian girl writing about Brazilian things

0 comments

be messy <3