Leaving Brazil

March 24, 2021

Not long ago, I hated Brazil.
And couldn’t wait to leave the country forever - I even had plans, when I was younger, that later would end up in a divorce, but let’s not get into that today.

That was a nonsense (obviously), but understandable since I grew up learning to hate Brazil and everything that came with the packpage. But fortunately, over the years many people came into my life and showed me how wrong I was in having that idea, and how lucky was I for living in a country that so many people wish to live permanently (and legally).

Today I absolutely love living in Brazil (although it’s not that great when you’re penniless, like me), I love its history, and I never get tired of telling people about things and places they must know once they get here.
And apparently, foreigners loves Brazil too, because the only “bad thing” that any of them had to say to me when I asked about the difficulties they found in these lands was that most people don’t speak even the basic of English.

- the stupid plan of leave the country has definitely been abandoned, but I keep strong in my quest to find my English husband, who will live here in Brazil with me (because, from this country, I’ll never leave)


Anne Rios
a Brazilian girl living in São Paulo

0 comments

be messy <3