Healthy, Who?

January 10, 2023

Yesterday I thought about taking the subway and paying a visit to the best second-hand bookstore in the city: Sebo do Messias. It was a cold day, it was raining a little, and it’s a fact that a cold day = a happy me.

But instead I went to the market, just to walk and practice a little exercise since I work all day sitting in a chair, and surprise, surprise, half an hour after I left home the sun came out - São Paulo being São Paulo, right?

There I bought only a bottle of water and a little protein bar, just so I wouldn’t come home empty handed. Fruits weren’t necessary, there are still bananas and peaches in my kitchen and a little blueberry in my bedroom. Soda or cheap chocolates, well, they aren’t an option anymore, and there isn't much natural stuff on the market nowadays.

How can one be healthy if 90% of everything in a grocery store comes in packages? No wonder why obesity numbers are high, a dangerous sign that not a lot of people are paying attention to.


Anne Rios - Brazilian girl writing about Brazilians things
(amodafala@gmail.com

0 comments

be messy <3